MIT ADT University, Pune’s new School of Vedic Sciences is uniquely positioned to explore proximity to its substantial student pool pursuing contemporary higher and professional education through Graduate, Post graduate and Research Programs.
The MIT School of Vedic Sciences (SVS) offers unique programs and curriculum that equip students of mainstream education with working knowledge of India’s native scientific tradition including Darshanas to enable inter-disciplinary innovation. Vedic knowledge offers deep insight into the inner springs of human behavior, the nature of knowledge, its instruments, methods, obstacles and remedies. By drawing upon and applying them innovatively, we aim to also nurture in our students the Assimilation, Communication and Empathy (ACE) skills required for success in any chosen career.
SVS has a technology lab to facilitate research into Indian knowledge systems and their contemporary applications.
The medium of instruction at SVS will be a mix of English and Samskrit. Samskrit communication will be taught to all upon entry.
The uniqueness of SVS’ approach to Vedic education lies in
- Embedding within a well-established mainstream institution
- Its focus on application-oriented study of ancient knowledge and
- Embracing of technology to ease learning, adoption and employability.
We are looking for faculty candidates who resonate with our mission to provide holistic education, and want to contribute to this paradigm-shifting endeavor.
We invite applications for full-time or part-time faculty positions
- Associate Professors
- Asst. Professors
The Aspirants who wish you apply must have
- Experience in blended teaching of ancient knowledge with contemporary subjects and passion for research.
- Proven expertise in an Indian knowledge stream viz. Samskrit, Indian Classical Literature, Aesthetics, Vyakarana, Nyaaya, Mimaamsa, Vedanta, Yoga, Ayurveda or other Shaastra.
- Proven knowledge / expertise in a contemporary subject such as Computer Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics, Political Science, Public Administration, Education, and Management along with exposure to ancient knowledge systems in respective fields.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English. Fluency in Samskrit is highly preferred.
- Must have aptitude and passion for a research-oriented teaching career.
- Masters in the concerned subjects with minimum first class or equivalent CGPA with Ph. D in the same or connected subjects.
- Those who are pursuing Ph. D and or “NET” qualified can also apply.
- Must have a consistent and good academic record throughout.
- Experience excluding the experience while pursuing the PhD shall be as per the UGC norms as applicable to each position.
- Those not fulfilling the criteria, but found suitable, could be considered as contractual appointees.
- The salaries and other perks will be as per the MIT Art, Design & Technology University, Pune & UGC Norms.
- Interested candidates may send their profiles to email@example.com.