Indic Leadership Conference - 29th June 2018
Indic Leadership Conference (ILC) was successfully conducted at MITSVS on 29th June 2018, under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad and Dr Vijay Bhatkar. Participants gained insights into the highly practical Indic wisdom pertaining to leadership and holistic business management from the following experts:
- Sri Radhakrishnan Pillai – Best-selling author and expert on Chanakya’s principles for the modern context
- Sri P. Kanagasabapathi – A pioneering expert on India’s indigenous business clusters and their models
- Sri Ashok Malhotra – A Business management expert and leader, author and consultant on organizational alignment based on Indic models
- Sri Raghu Anantanarayanan – Organizational consultant, deep expert and coach on Indic wisdom for corporate leadership, esp. from Yoga and Mahabharata-based models
Here are pictorial glimpses of the same:
ILC at a glance:
Did you know?
- Corporate sector contributes only 15% of India’s GDP and 9% of employment. Family-based businesses contribute the rest, and they do not follow western models.
- Multi-billion-dollar Indian industry clusters thrive even today on indigenous models in spite of globalization and volatility.
What is the secret of their success?
The 3Cs: Culture, Community, Context
Benefits of attending India Leadership Conference (ILC)?
- Explore India’s unique, winning models of leadership and enterprise
- Learn to boost team productivity with the 3Cs rooted in Indian ethos
- Senior leaders shaping culture
- Senior leaders crafting strategy
- Mentors nurturing corporate leaders
संस्कृति, संहति, संगति – Harnessing the innate organizational genius of India to transform 21st century enterprise
कर्ता सात्त्विक उच्यते ॥
“The winning worker is one who is free from attachment, non-egoistic, strong-willed and enthusiastic, unaffected by success or failure.” – The Bhagavad Gita
ILC creates a new platform for corporate leaders and experts in Indic business wisdom to jointly explore India’s indigenous approaches to sustainable leadership and enterprise and their value for modern corporate management. A key concern is how to sustain success over the long haul without “burnout” – both at individual, corporate and societal level. And how the innate psyche and organizational genius of India can be leveraged for that.
The vibrancy and resiliency of India’s traditional business clusters in the face of global volatility has been well-documented. Several eminent scholars both in India and abroad have studied and acknowledged this, but the mainstream education and corporate learning ecosystem is yet to pay serious attention. Indian corporate world still looks predominantly westward for management insights. This is our humble effort to initiate discussion. We plan to launch an Indic Leadership Forum to do a series of such events on a regular basis going forward.
Motivating quotes from experts
- Michael Useem, Senior Professor at Wharton Business School, in an interview with McGill’s Karl Moore in 2011: Do check out the YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZXxP_hMPM
- Shri S. Gurumurthy, Eminent Chartered Accountant, Business Advisor and respected Thought Leader in Economic Development: Do check out the YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvXkSkEappo
- Orientation: India needs to tap into its native genius. What is this genius?
- Theme 1: Niiti – Next-generation Leadership
- Theme 2: Yukti – Flexible Strategy
- Theme 3: Samskriti – Holistic Culture
- Explore India’s unique, winning models of leadership and enterprise that sustained its global edge over millenia
- Learn to boost team productivity and agility without friction with the 3Cs rooted in Indian ethos:
– culture – excel by pride in work and commitment, more than by contracts and compliance
– community – thrive by cooperation, not competition
– context – adapt by being firm in intent, but flexible in strategy
- Cultivate inner coherence, understand Indian psyche, leverage personality types for effective leadership